What to Expect
Patient Registration Forms
For patients who have confirmed appointment and wish to register in advance
please click here
What to Wear
Regularly Scheduled Appointments - Patients please read, this is very important
Home Exercise and Home Physical Therapy Programs
Insurance we accept
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
Blue Cross Community Family Health Plan
Blue Cross Blue Shield MMAI
Blue Cross Blue Shield ICP
Blue Cross Medicare Advantage PPO
United Health Care
Cigna , American Specialty Health
Multiplan, PHCS, PHCS Savility
Access one Consumer Health
Align Networks, Inc.
Prime Health Services
We accept Private, cash/self pay option for patients who have no insurance, no medical doctor referral, who wish to receive our services but we are out of your insurance network or for patients who have unmet and very high insurance deductibles.
Guide to Physical Therapy
- For patient unitizing their medical insurance, Physical Therapy evaluation and treatment needs Medical Doctor's referral. However, for private pay/self pay patients, Medical Doctor's referral is not needed.
- We offer our service in our outpatient clinic and to the patient's home for home bound patients if patient's insurance covers home therapy visits.
- Homebound patients do not mean a patient has to "bed bound or bedridden", instead, it means that leaving home takes considerable and taxing effort, is not recommended because of conditions that prevent a person from leaving home without help such as using a wheelchair, walker, special transportation or of another person.
- our initial visit will be an evaluation/assessment/physical examination and consultation. The evaluation process is a way of determining your physical therapy needs. After the evaluation, your physical therapist or physical therapist assistant can proceed with your initial treatment depending on the physical problems found from your evaluation.
- Our evaluation or assessment is comprehensive, multifactorial and Bio-psychosocial approach, which means that we do not only assess the injured part that has the problem, but we also assess other areas of your bodies and psychosocial factors that contribute to your physical problem.
- Soreness is common after your initial visits especially when you are not accustomed to doing exercises. Any increasing, insidious and intolerable pain of any types must be reported to your physical therapist right away and that exercises producing these type of pain must be stopped until you consult with your physical therapist.
- Doctor's prescription
- Insurance Card
- Copayment or payment for your co-insurance (refer to your insurance provider)
- ID, we always validate the identity of our patients.
- List or copies of your medications
- Copies of your X-rays, MRI or CT scan, Laboratory results
- Emergency medications such as your anti-allergy, blood pressure, anti-angina and breathing medicines
- Our physical therapist performs initial evaluation which involves a battery of special test to determine the injured tissue. These tests are aimed at provoking the signs and symptoms.
- We offer free screening exam or consultation in our clinic location by appointment only, for persons who think they need physical therapy treatment . This service does not require Medical Doctor's referral.
- Physical Therapy screening exam/consultation is a process where a physical therapist performs differential medical screening to determine if a person needs physical therapy service. Think this like a medical doctor performing a consultation or physical exam to you. Our physical therapist will determine if the patient's medical complaints and condition are not within the scope of physical therapy practice, in this case, our physical therapist makes a referral to the appropriate medical providers. If the patient's medical complaints are within the scope of physical therapy practice, we will coordinate with your physician in acquiring referral if you will be using your insurance or proceed to treatment if you wish to pay cash.
- Our physical therapist through the process of screening exam and evaluation will determine the appropriate specialty service we have and further health care referral in addressing your health problem.
- We incorporate mind-body medicine, health and wellness principles thereby improving your total well-being, preventing reinjury and hastening your recovery.